Interim Group LeaderDr. Katinka Albrecht
Interim Group Leader
Dr. Katinka Albrecht
Medical scientist at DRFZ. Focus on epidemiology and health services research for people with musculoskeletal diseases
- Since 2020 provisional Group Leader Health Services Research German Rheumatism Research Centre (DRFZ) Berlin, Epidemiology Unit
- Since 2016 Deputy Group Leader Health Services Research
- Since 2013 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, German Rheumatism Research Centre (DRFZ) Berlin, Epidemiology Unit (Head of Department Prof. A. Zink)
- 2011-2013 Research Assistant, German Society for Rheumatology
- 2007-2008 Research Assistant, University of Giessen, Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology (Head of Department Prof. U. Müller-Ladner)
- 2003-2006 Physician, Kerckhoff-Klinik Bad Nauheim, Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology (Head of Department Prof. U. Müller-Ladner)
- 2004 Award of Doctorate; doctoral thesis “Epidemiology and health care of type I diabetes in children and adolescents in Bremen“, University of Giessen
- 1996 – 2003 Medical School at the University of Giessen, Medical state examination MD
Boards and Memberships
- Board of trustees for research support of the German League Against Rheumatism
- Committee pharmacotherapy and ad hoc committee quality standards, German Society for Rheumatology
- Editorial board, Zeitschrift für Rheumatologie
- Member of the German Network Health Service Research
- Member of the German Society for Rheumatology
- 2019 Wilfried-Lorenz-VF Award
- 2019 Wolfgang Schulze Award
Third party funding
- 2020 – 2023 TARISMA Targeted risk management in musculoskeletal diseases (BMBF grant, subproject)
- 2019-2021 Wolfang Schulze Foundation (Rheuma Care project)
- Albrecht K, Dörner T, Redeker I, Karberg K, Marschall U, Zink A, Callhoff J. Comorbidity and health care utilisation in persons with Sjögren’s syndrome: a claims data analysis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2020 Jul-Aug;38 Suppl 126(4):78-84.
- Luque Ramos A, Redeker I, Hoffmann F, Callhoff J, Zink A, Albrecht K. Comorbidities in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Their Association with Patient-reported Outcomes: Results of Claims Data Linked to Questionnaire Survey. J Rheumatol. 2019 Jun;46(6):564-571. doi: 10.3899/jrheum.180668. Epub 2019 Jan 15.
- Albrecht K, Luque Ramos A, Hoffmann F, Redeker I, Zink A. High prevalence of diabetes in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: results from a questionnaire survey linked to claims data. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2018 Feb 1;57(2):329-336.
- Albrecht K, Zink A. Poor prognostic factors guiding treatment decisions in rheumatoid arthritis patients: a review of data from randomized clinical trials and cohort studies. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017 Mar 23;19(1):68.
- Albrecht K, Callhoff J, Buttgereit F, Straub RH, Westhoff G, Zink A. Association Between the Use of Oral Contraceptives and Patient-Reported Outcomes in an Early Arthritis Cohort. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2016 Mar;68(3):400-5.