Systems Biology of InflammationDr. Kevin Thurley
Systems Biology of Inflammation
Dr. Kevin Thurley
- Since 2018 Junior group leader “Systems Biology of Inflammation” at DRFZ, Berlin
- 2014 – 2017 Postdoctoral fellow with Profs. Steven Altschuler and Lani Wu, University of California San Francisco: “Response-time modeling of cell-cell communication networks”.
- 2011 – 2014 Postdoc position with Dr. Pal Westermark and Prof. Dr. Achim Kramer, Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin: “Circadian control of biochemical networks“.
- 2009/10 Guest scientist with Prof. Colin Taylor, University of Cambridge, UK: “Live cell imaging of elementary Ca(2+) release events”.
- 2008 – 2011 Doctoral student with Prof. Dr. Martin Falcke, Max Delbrück Center Berlin and Humboldt University Berlin: “Hierarchical modeling and single-cell analysis of stochastic intracellular Ca(2+) signaling”.
- 2006/07 Diploma thesis with Prof. Dr. Thomas Höfer, HU Berlin and DKFZ Heidelberg: “Spatiotemporal modeling of cell-cell communication in T cells via Interleukin-2”.
- 2011 PhD in Biophysics (Humboldt University Berlin), summa cum laude
- 2007 Diploma in Biophysics (Humboldt University Berlin)
- 2001 – 2007 Study of Biophysics at Humboldt University Berlin and Université Bordeaux II, France.