PharmacoepidemiologyPD Dr. med. Anja Strangfeld
PD Dr. med. Anja Strangfeld
CV and Key Publications
- Since 2010 Group Leader Pharmacoepidemiology,
German Rheumatism Research Centre (DRFZ) Berlin, Epidemiology Unit
- Since 2007 Postdoc, German Rheumatism Research Centre (DRFZ) Berlin, Epidemiology Unit (Head of Department Prof. A. Zink)
- 2004 – 2006 Physician, Clinical Trial Unit of the Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charité University Hospital Berlin,
(Head of Department Prof. G.-R. Burmester)
- 1995 – 2003 Epidemiology Unit of the German Rheumatism Research Center (DRFZ) Berlin, Several free lanced contracts, while studying medicine
- 1990 – 1995 Research assistant, German Rheumatism Research Center (DRFZ) Berlin
- 1989 – 1990 DATACODE Berlin GmbH (Hospital Data and Information Systems),
Software engineer and client training
- 2019 Habilitation in Epidemiology (Charité University Medicine Berlin)
- 2004 Award of Doctorate; doctoral thesis: ‘Outpatient care for patients with rheumatoid arthritis: comparison of process and outcomes of rheumatologic and non-rheumatologic care’
- 1995 – 2003 Medical School at the Humboldt University Berlin, Medical state examination MD
- 1986 – 1989 School for Health Information and Documentation; Health information manager Final thesis: ‘Development of a statistics program for analyses in microbiological laboratories’
- 1972 – 1985 Primary and High School in Eberbach, Germany
Boards and Memberships
- Member of the German Society for Rheumatology
- German representative in the Standing Committee on Epidemiology of the EULAR
- American College of Rheumatology
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the German Society for Rheumatology
- Member of several EULAR task forces and working groups
- Mentor in the Mentor-Mentee-Programme EMEUNET
- 2004 Wolfgang Schulze-Award
- 1997 TOSSE-Price for Paediatric Rheumatology
Third Party Funding (Selection)
- 2011 – 2018 RABBIT – Biologics Register in RA (unconditional grant from industry consortium, jointly with Zink, 50% of total = 3,500,000 EUR); ongoing
- 2017 – 2020 FOREUM grant for EuNeP – European Network of Pregnancy Registers (181.000 EUR)
- 2016 – 2018 RABBIT-SpA, Biologics Register for Spondyloarthritides (Unconditional grant from industry consortium, 484,000 EUR), ongoing
- Strangfeld A, Richter A, Siegmund B, Herzer P, Rockwitz K, Demary W, Aringer M, Meißner Y, Zink A, Listing J. Risk for lower intestinal perforations in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with tocilizumab in comparison to treatment with other biologic or conventional synthetic DMARDs. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017 Mar;76(3):504-510.
- Mercer LK, Askling J, Raaschou P, Dixon WG, Dreyer L, Hetland ML, Strangfeld A, Zink A, Mariette X, Finckh A, Canhao H, Iannone F, Zavada J, Morel J, Gottenberg JE, Hyrich KL, Listing J. Risk of invasive melanoma in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with biologics: results from a collaborative project of 11 European biologic registers. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017 Feb;76(2):386-391.
- Richter A, Listing J, Schneider M, Klopsch T, Kapelle A, Kaufmann J, Zink A, Strangfeld A. Impact of treatment with biologic DMARDs on the risk of sepsis or mortality after serious infection in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2016 Sep;75(9):1667-73.
- Meissner Y, Zink A, Kekow J, Rockwitz K, Liebhaber A, Zinke S, Gerhold K, Richter A, Listing J, Strangfeld A. Impact of disease activity and treatment of comorbidities on the risk of myocardial infarction in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016 Aug 5;18(1):183.
- Gerhold K, Richter A, Schneider M, Bergerhausen H, Demary W, Liebhaber, Listing J, Zink A, Strangfeld A. Health-related quality of life in patients with long-standing rheumatoid arthritis in the era of biologics: data from the German biologics register RABBIT. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2015 Oct;54(10):1858-66.
- Listing J, Kekow J, Manger B, Burmester GR, Pattloch D, Zink A, Strangfeld A. Mortality in rheumatoid arthritis: the impact of disease activity, treatment with glucocorticoids, TNFα inhibitors and rituximab. Ann Rheum Dis. 2015 Feb;74(2):415-21.
- Strangfeld A, Eveslage M, Schneider M, Bergerhausen HJ, Klopsch T, Zink A, Listing J. Treatment benefit or survival of the fittest: what drives the time-dependent decrease in serious infection rates under TNF inhibition and what does this imply for the individual patient? Ann Rheum Dis. 2011 Nov;70(11):1914-20.
- Gäwert L, Hierse F, Zink A, Strangfeld A. How well do patient reports reflect adverse drug reactions reported by rheumatologists? Agreement of physician- and patient-reported adverse events in pa-tients with rheumatoid arthritis observed in the German biologics register. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2011 Jan; 50(1):152-60.
- Strangfeld A, Hierse F, Rau R, Burmester GR, Krummel-Lorenz B, Demary W, Listing J, Zink A. Risk of incident or recurrent malignancies among patients with rheumatoid arthritis exposed to biologic therapy in the German biologics register RABBIT. Arthritis Res Ther. 2010;12(1):R5.
- Strangfeld A, Listing J, Herzer P, Liebhaber A, Rockwitz K, Richter C, Zink A. Risk of herpes zoster in patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with anti-TNF-alpha agents. JAMA 2009 Feb 18;301(7):737-44.