Paediatric RheumatologyProf. Dr. med. Kirsten Minden
Prof. Dr. med. Kirsten Minden
CV and Key Publications
- Since 2015 Professorship of Health Services Research in rheumatology at the DRFZ and the Charité Berlin, Medical Clinic with focus on Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology
- 2012 Habilitation
- Since 2001 Scientist and since 2009 Group leader at Programme Area II Epidemiology of DRFZ
- Since 2006 Consultant in pediatric rheumatology, Centre for social pediatrics, Children´s university hospital Charité, Berlin
- 2003 – 2006 Senior physician, Children´s hospital, Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch
- 1997 – 2003 Consultant/Attending physician for Pediatric Rheumatology, Children´s hospital, Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch
- 1992 – 1996 Residency General Pediatrics, 2nd Children’s Hospital Berlin-Buch
- 1990 – 1992 Internship 2nd Children’s Hospital Berlin-Buch
- 1989 Doctoral thesis (Department of Orthopedics, University medicine Charité)
- 1985 Diploma thesis (Institute of Anatomy, University medicine Charité)
- 2006 Board certified specialist of Pediatric rheumatology
- 2001 Intensive course in Applied Epidemiology, ARC Epidemiology Unit, University Manchester, UK
- 1996 Board certified specialist of Pediatrics
- 1992 Approbation
- 1982 – 1990 School of Medicine; University medicine Charité, Berlin
- Since 2017 Board member of the Initiative for the child with rheumatic disease
- Since 2015 Member of the advisory board of the “Z Rheumatol”
- Since 2014 Speaker of the working group on transition of the Society of Pediatric Rheumatology and the German Society of Rheumatology
- Since 2013 Member of the scientific advisory board of the JIA registry BikeR
- Since 2011 Member of the advisory board of “arthritis+rheuma”
- Since 2005 Speaker of the commission “Health care provision and quality assurance” of the Society of Pediatric Rheumatology
- 2004 – 2017 Board member of the Society of Pediatric Rheumatology
- Drechsel P, Stüdemann K, Niewerth M, Horneff G, Fischer-Betz R, Seipelt E, Spähtling-Mestekemper S, Aries P, Zink A, Klotsche J, Minden K. Pregnancy outcomes in DMARD-exposed patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis – Results from a JIA Biologic Registry. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2019 Aug 14.
- Minden K, Horneff G, Niewerth M, Seipelt E, Aringer M, Aries P, Foeldvari I, Haas JP, Klein A, Tatsis S, Tenbrock K, Zink A, Klotsche J. The time of DMARD start in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis determines the likelihood of a drug-free remission in young adulthood. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2019 Apr;71(4):471-481.
- Heiligenhaus A, Klotsche J, Tappeiner C, Sengler C, Niewerth M, Liedmann I, Hoeft S, Walscheid K, Lavric M, Foell D, Minden K. Predictive factors and biomarkers for the 2-year outcome of uveitis in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: data from the Inception Cohort of Newly diagnosed patients with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (ICON-JIA) study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2019 Jun 1;58(6):975-986.
- Sengler C, Zink J, Klotsche J, Niewerth M, Liedmann I, Horneff G, Kessel C, Ganser G, Thon A, Haas JP, Hospach A, Weller-Heinemann F, Heiligenhaus A, Foell D, Zink A, Minden K. Vitamin D deficiency is associated with higher disease activity and the risk for uveitis in juvenile idiopathic arthritis – data from a German inception cohort. Arthritis Res Ther. 2018 Dec 13;20(1):276
- Listing M, Mönkemöller K, Liedmann I, Niewerth M, Sengler C, Listing J, Foell D, Heiligenhaus A, Klein A, Horneff G, Ganser G, Haas JP, Klotsche J, Minden K. The majority of patients with newly diagnosed juvenile idiopathic arthritis achieve a health-related quality of life that is similar to that of healthy peers – results of the German multicenter inception cohort (ICON). Arthritis Res Ther 2018;20:106.
- Luque Ramos A, Hoffmann F, Albrecht K, Klotsche J, Zink A, Minden K. Transition to adult rheumatology care is necessary to maintain DMARD therapy in young people with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2017 Oct;47(2):269-275.
- Foster HE, Minden K, Clemente D, Leon L, McDonagh JE, Kamphuis S, Berggren K, van Pelt P, Wouters C, Waite-Jones J, Tattersall R, Wyllie R, Stones SR, Martini A, Constantin T, Schalm S, Fidanci B, Erer B, Dermikaya E, Ozen S, Carmona L. EULAR/PReS standards and recommendations for the transitional care of young people with juvenile-onset rheumatic diseases. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017 Apr;76(4):639-646.
- Klotsche J, Raab A, Niewerth M, … , Minden K. Outcome and trends in treatment of systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis in the German National Pediatric Rheumatological Database from 2000 to 2013. Arthritis Rheumatol 2016 Dec;68(12):3023-3034.
- Klotsche J, Niewerth M, Haas JP, Huppertz HI, Zink A, Horneff G, Minden K. Long-term safety of etanercept and adalimumab compared to methotrexate in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA). Ann Rheum Dis. 2016;75:855-61.
- Sengler C, Klotsche J, Niewerth M, … , Minden K. The majority of newly diagnosed patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis reach an inactive disease state within the first year of specialised care: data from a German inception cohort. RMD Open. 2015 Dec 8;1(1):e000074.